5.27.2011

Frozen S'mores

Seriously, aren't these the cutiest things you have ever seen?  They are lovely and I really wish I could be throwing a grand barbecue this weekend under a beautiful, warm early summer sky so that I could serve these up!  No such luck--because apparently we live in Seattle, now, not Utah. 

But really, I just wanted to post these on the old blog so that I knew where to track down the recipe for when Mr. Golden Sun decides to shine down on me. :)


 Frozen S'mores

Recipe Ingredients

1 box (17.6 oz) brownie mix
2 pints vanilla Swiss almond ice cream
2 pints light chocolate ice cream
10 round chocolate wafer cookies
2/3 cup mini-marshmallows

Recipe Preparation

1. Line a 13 x 9-in. baking pan with nonstick foil, leaving about 2 in. overhang on two sides. Prepare brownie mix as box directs. Spread into prepared pan and bake 18 to 20 minutes until set. Cool in pan 30 minutes, then refrigerate until cold.
2. Holding foil by ends, lift brownies from pan; cut 10 circles with a 2 1/2-in. cookie or biscuit cutter. Place on baking sheet and freeze.
3. Cut away carton from one pint of ice cream; cut crosswise into 5 slices. Using same cookie cutter, cut a circle from each slice. Place an ice cream circle on top of each brownie; return to freezer. Repeat with remaining pint of ice cream to form stacks; freeze.
4. Heat broiler. Place cookies on baking sheet. Top each with 1 Tbsp mini-marshmallows. Broil about 1 minute or until marshmallows brown; let cool.
5. To serve, put a marshmallow-topped cookie on top of each ice cream stack and serve immediately.
Tip: Can be made through Step 3 and kept in an airtight container in freezer for up to 1 week.


P.S. I just found this recipe from an image on Pinterest.  What the heck is Pinterest?  I am seeing it all over blogs, lately, and I feel like I missed the boat.  I don't even get what it is when I visit the site.  Feel free to fill me in, please!? 

5 comments:

The Monson Family said...

Those look so good!
Do you use pinterest? If not you should, that's where I find and keep all the projects/recipes/everything that I want to finally get to one day... and it's amazing! And I'm obsessed, obviously.

Shelly said...

they look delicious! i totally just laughed out loud because 5 minutes ago, i was thinking, 'when did we move to Seattle?' too funny!

WendyL said...

"The Monson Family" is right...Pinterest seems like it would be right up your alley. It's like a giant web-friendly look-book, where you can catalog your favorite things and "pin" images of anything you like so that you can refer back to it and also find ideas from other people.

It kind of swept over me, too, as I'm only just learning of its goodness! Anyway, I have heard you have to be "invited" to take part, but here's some more information: http://pinterest.com/about/

And hey, CONGRATS on your new addition!

The Monson Family said...

Ha I just realized that you put the p.s. part about pinterest on there. I'm dumb. I'll send you an invite if you want, just send me your email. You'll love it!

Laura Edwards said...

These look amazing! Thanks for sharing!! (and i'm in the same boat as you with pintrest. I've seen it around but not sure how to get started. Ha!)